Hair loss is a quite common condition equally devastating for both men and women. But what makes the condition even more devastating for the sufferer is the myth that there is no cure or solution for hair loss. Hair thinning and baldness are very much treatable problems, but only if you know the underlying cause. Treating hair loss without knowing the real cause may offer temporary relief but would not completely cure the problem. Here we will share with you possible reasons and solutions for hair loss.
POSSIBLE REASONS FOR HAIR LOSS
The first step to stop hair loss is the identification of reason behind it. Once you have identified the reason, removing it will definitely stop your hair fall. Factors that cause hair loss are:
- Genetics: male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness are types of genetic hair loss, transferred through genes. Both genetics and hormones combine to cause receding hairline and crown thinning in men and a generalized thinning of hair in women.
- Traction: Excessive pressure and force on hair due to certain hairstyles like tight ponytails and braids damages the roots of hairs causing localized hair loss. This type of hair loss is called traction alopecia.
- Trichotillomania: It is an obsessive compulsive disorder in which patient feels severe urge to pull hairs on head as well as on face, such as eyebrows, eyelashes and mustaches.
- Trauma: Traumas that cause a shock to body tissues like major surgery, childbirth, stress also cause hair loss.
- Medicines: Certain medications also cause hair loss like medicines that control blood pressure, heart strokes, hypothyroidism and acne.
- Malnutrition: Deficiency of nutrients like zinc, protein and biotin in body can cause hair fall.
- Medical conditions: Certain diseases and disorders like Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis, Alopecia Universalis, Hypothyroidism, and Hyperthyroidism also cause hair loss.
- Environmental factors: Exposure of scalp to radiation, environmental pollution, and unhealthy scalp environment are some other causes of hair loss.
DO HAIR REGROW ONCE LOST
Yes, you can regrow your hair for sure. Medicines and hair transplant are two methods that are widely adopted by people who have faced a continuous hair loss at any stage of their lives.
Medicines: Rogaine and Finasteride are two medicines that are widely used by hair loss patients to regrow hair. They are approved medicines that stimulate hair follicles and they start producing new hair. However, medicines give temporary results. They grow hair as long as you use them. Once you cease their use you will lose all your hair that you might have grown through several months.
Hair transplant: the phenomenon that works behind hair transplant is entirely different from what works behind medicines. Hair transplant is a surgical procedure that takes out hair follicles from an area of dense hair growth and plants them to a bald or a thinning patch.
It is more like a onetime investment. You have to spend some money once and you enjoy a head full of hair for the rest of your life. People appreciate and admire hair transplant due to its merits like
- It is minimally invasive procedure.
- It provides bald scalp with natural hair growth.
- Hairs grown from transplanted hair grafts do not require high maintenance. They stay quite well with your daily hair care routine.
- You can shampoo your hair, brush them and even pull them. They are just like your natural hair.
- Transplanted hairs do not fall. If they fall out ever, they will be grown again from the transplanted hair grafts.
No doubt, hair loss is a worrisome situation that comes in everyone’s life. It seems that with the advent of modern procedures like hair transplant that literally reverses hair loss, bald patches and hair thinning are not severe issues anymore with our hair loss solutions Dubai.
For more details or for expert advice, fill the consultation form below to book a FREE APPOINTMENT.