Are you frustrated with seeing a handful of silky-smooth hair going down the drain every morning? Is hair thinning shattering your confidence? Are you seeking effective non-surgical hair loss treatment in Dubai? If your answer is yes, then you have come to the right place. Here, you will find everything you need to know about PRP Hair Loss Treatment in Dubai. PRP hair loss therapy is the latest trend in non-surgical hair restoration. Nowadays, it is used for treating pattern hair loss in both men and women.
Although hair transplant is probably the only treatment ensuring permanent hair restoration, PRP hair treatment results are no less impressive. This non-surgical treatment is especially beneficial in the case of generalized hair thinning. In such cases, patients cannot benefit from hair transplant surgery because there is no defined hair loss pattern.
PRP Hair Treatment Dubai
PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma – a yellowish fluid loaded with growth factors separated from the patient’s blood. Surgeons have long been using the wound repairing properties of the PRP to boost damaged tissues’ recovery after major surgeries. Typically, the serum works by stimulating adult stem cells in the affected areas.
When used for hair regrowth, the growth factors present in PRP strengthen androgenically miniaturized hair follicles. Consequently, the stimulated follicles start producing new, healthy, and strong hair. Therefore, PRP hair loss treatment can be quite beneficial for regrowing new hair.
Hair Loss Conditions Treated by PRP Therapy
PRP Treatment Dubai has been used in hair restoration for quite some time. It is used for treating hair loss caused by different reasons, including:
- Male Pattern Baldness
- Female Pattern Baldness
- Alopecia Areata
- Metabolic Hair Loss
Are you a candidate?
Although PRP hair treatment Dubai is not a surgical procedure, patients still need to fulfill a particular candidacy criterion. It is essential to avoid any mishap during or after the procedure. Generally, the practitioner determines a patient’s candidacy during the initial consultation session.
Below is a general criterion for being the right candidate for PRP therapy for hair loss:
- Patients are in good physical health.
- They have realistic expectations with the procedure.
- Patients are not entirely bald.
- They want to regrow and strengthen hair.
- Patients want to improve their receding hairlines or bald spots.
Some general pre-procedural instructions for PRP therapy are as follows:
- Do not take any blood-thinning medications for at least a week before the procedure.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages for at least 2 weeks before the treatment.
- Keep your scalp safe from direct sun exposure.
- Undergo all prescribed tests and take prescribed medications as per the doctor’s instructions.
PRP Treatment Procedure
PRP Hair Loss Treatment in Dubai is a simple procedure that takes up to 90 minutes to complete. The step-by-step procedure is as follows:
- A topical anesthetic is applied to the scalp to numb it, making the procedure virtually painless. However, if a patient has a low pain threshold, they must inform their doctor beforehand. If the surgeon knows a patient’s pain endurance level, they may prefer to perform the procedure under local anesthesia.
- After numbing the scalp treatment area, a member of our highly-skilled support staff takes a blood sample. They will then process it in a special apparatus to separate PRP serum from other components of blood.
- Occasionally, some artificially prepared growth factors are also added to the Platelet-Rich Plasma serum to further enhance its efficacy.
- The processed mixture is then evenly injected into the entire scalp, particularly to the areas with significant hair thinning. These usually include the temporal region, frontal hairline, and the crown area.
- After injecting the PRP mix, the surgeon gently massages the scalp to ensure an even distribution of the mixture.
- Patients can resume their routine activities immediately after the procedure.
The PRP hair treatment does not have an extensive downtime. However, if patients follow some general post-procedural guidelines, they can get the best results. Generally, the practitioner provides patients with post-op guidelines, but some general instructions are as follows:
- Do not wash your head for at least 18 to 24 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid blood thinners, smoking, and drinking for about a week after the procedure.
- Do not expose the scalp to direct sunlight.
- Only take the prescribed medications. Moreover, take them regularly.
- Do not apply hair dyes or undergo chemical treatments for at least three days after the procedure.
The PRP Treatment Dubai is not a one-time procedure. Generally, 5 treatment sessions are enough to deliver the desired results. However, the number of sessions can vary from patient to patient. Moreover, treatment results can be seen within 6 to 10 months and last for up to 2 years.
PRP Hair Treatment Dubai can cause several complications, but these complications are temporary, unlike some surgical hair restoration procedures. Generally, these side-effects subside on their own after a few days. However, in case these complications persist for longer, patients should consult their doctor immediately.
Some common complications of PRP hair loss treatment are as follows:
- Mild Pain
ACell/PRP Hair Loss Treatment
Sometimes, platelet-rich plasma is mixed with other elements and growth factors to enhance its effects. The most common combination is of PRP with ACell.
ACell is an FDA-approved extracellular matrix used for repairing and remodeling damaged tissues. When mixed with Platelet-Rich Plasma and injected into the scalp, it fights hair loss by strengthening the DHT-affected hair follicles. DHT stands for Dihydrotestosterone – the critical factor responsible for androgenic hair loss in men and women.
PRP Treatment Cost in Dubai
The PRP Treatment Cost in Dubai is relatively less compared to surgical hair restoration options. However, several factors influence the PRP therapy cost. Therefore, there is not one standard cost for every patient.
Some cost-determining factors are:
- Practitioner’s Expertise
- Equipment Quality
- Number of Sessions
- Geographic Location
- Patient’s Desired Results
PRP Hair Loss Treatment in Dubai is an effective, non-invasive, non-surgical procedure for hair restoration. If you are interested in PRP therapy, contact us now and get all the details from our highly-skilled, experienced practitioners. Moreover, for hair loss assessment and expert advice, schedule a FREE CONSULTATION now by filling the online form below. Our staff representative will contact you shortly and guide you further.