Strip Hair Transplant, otherwise known as Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT), is the traditional hair restoration method. Follicular Unit Transplant in Dubai is the first hair restoration technique that has been used in the cosmetic industry for decades. Although this technique provides remarkable results, other methods are preferred over it due to its surgical nature. This technique is relatively invasive as it involves a strip of skin being cut from the donor area. Nevertheless, FUT provides permanent results for patients suffering from pattern baldness and hair thinning.
On this page, you will find everything related to the FUT strip hair transplant. Continue reading to learn more about this hair loss treatment.
The primary objective of FUT Dubai is to help candidates regain their lost hair. It also aims to:
- help regain a thicker and fuller head of hair
- restore youthful appearance
- improve facial aesthetic
- boost self-esteem and build confidence
- provide permanent and natural-looking results
FUT or Strip Hair Transplant is a surgical procedure for hair restoration. Therefore, every patient who desires to undergo this procedure must fulfill an eligibility criterion.
A hair transplant surgeon determines the candidacy of any patient for a FUT hair transplant in Dubai. You are a candidate for strip hair transplant if you:
- are physically and emotionally healthy
- suffer from pattern baldness
- have been suffering from hair loss for at least 5 years
- do not have progressive hair loss
- have sufficient healthy donor hair follicles
- do not have a tight scalp
- suffer from hair loss caused by trauma, burns, or androgenic alopecia
- want a permanent solution for hair loss/pattern baldness
- have realistic expectations from the procedure
Planning for the FUT Strip Hair Transplant in Dubai is the first step of the procedure. During the initial consultation, the surgeon will ask the patient about the desired hair density and plan accordingly. Moreover, patients will be asked to prepare for the surgery in order to get optimum results.
Patients must keep the following in mind before FUT hair transplant:
- Stop taking blood-thinners and aspirin-containing pain medications at least two weeks before the surgery.
- Quit smoking at least 15-20 days before the transplant as it is essential for the procedure’s success.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages and caffeinated drinks during the last week before the surgery.
- Take high doses of Vitamin C for at least a week or so before the surgery.
- Fill all prescriptions in advance to avoid the last-minute hassle.
- Get all the tests done at least 10 days before the surgery.
Strip Hair Transplant Procedure
The step-by-step procedure of FUT hair transplant in Dubai is mentioned below:
First of all, the hair transplant surgeon cleanses the scalp and administers local anesthesia into the donor area. With the help of anesthesia, the scalp remains numb during the surgery, so the patient feels no pain.
Once the anesthesia takes effect, the surgeon uses a single, double, or triple-bladed scalpel to cut out a skin strip. He/she will remove a long and linear skin strip from the backside of the head. This strip contains healthy hair follicles that are later used for transplant.
After removing the strip, the surgeon will close the donor area with sutures. Due to these sutures, this area is left with a permanent linear scar which is a downside of this procedure. However, the scar is not visible under average-sized hair.
Now that the strip has been removed, the technician team will harvest healthy hair follicles from it. For this purpose, the strip is cut into smaller follicular units to be grafted with specifically designed micro blades. Generally, expert technicians perform this step under a stereomicroscope. The healthy follicles are usually stored in a saline solution before the transplant in order to keep them fresh.
Once enough follicles are extracted, the surgeon will prepare the recipient area for transplant. First, he/she will administer local anesthesia into the recipient area. Then, he/she will use micro-sized blades or specialized needles to make tiny incisions in the scalp.
Lastly, the surgeon carefully inserts hair grafts into the incisions one by one. This step is time-consuming but essential for the desired results. In the end, he/she will cleanse the scalp.
A good amount of post-operative care is needed with the FUT Strip Method. Generally, the surgeon provides aftercare guidelines. However, some general post-op care instructions are given below:
- Use cold compresses or ice packs in case of pain and discomfort.
- Avoid washing the scalp for at least 24-36 hours after the surgery.
- Do not take any blood-thinning medications for at least 10-14 days post-surgery.
- Only take prescribed medications for pain.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for at least a week after the procedure.
- Do not touch the treated area unnecessarily for a week at least. Moreover, let the scabs form and fall naturally instead of picking or scratching them.
- Avoid going under direct sunlight for about a month.
Recovery Period and Results
The recovery period of the FUT strip hair transplant is relatively extensive than the FUE method. Generally, patients experience a downtime of at least 5-7 days after the transplant. The initial recovery period lasts for about 2 weeks minimum. However, complete recovery can take up to several months.
Moreover, medications are provided by the surgeon for the healing of wounds and avoiding possible infections. Taking vitamin C is also essential as it helps in the healing process.
The procedure provides remarkable results, and patients will notice that new hair will grow completely within a year. As a result, patients will regain a naturally youthful appearance with natural-looking and long-lasting results.
FUT Dubai is a safe and effective procedure with numerous benefits. Some benefits of this procedure are mentioned below:
- It is a safe donor hair harvesting technique that causes minimal damage to hair follicles.
- The procedure yields natural-looking results.
- The results are long-lasting. In most cases, they last a lifetime.
- It allows harvesting and transplanting a higher number of grafts in a single session.
- This treatment costs less than other hair transplant methods.
Compared to the FUE hair transplant, the strip method hair transplant has more chances of complications. However, these risks can be avoided with proper aftercare and medications.
Some common complications of FUT transplants are:
- Excessive pain
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia
Strip Hair Transplant Cost in Dubai
The cost of the strip method or FUT varies from patient to patient since every clinic has its specific policies. Moreover, several factors influence the exact cost of the procedure.
Some factors influencing the FUT cost are mentioned below:
- Surgeon’s expertise and qualification
- Clinic’s reputation and geographical location
- Number of grafts needed
- Size of the treatment area
- Technique used for transplant
- Donor hair characteristics (volume, texture, color, and waviness)
- Candidate’s desired results
Most hair transplant clinics charge per graft for an FUE hair transplant. The estimated FUT hair transplant cost in Dubai is about AED 10 to AED 12 per graft.
Do you want to undergo a FUT strip transplant in Dubai? Do you want to know about hair transplant cost in Dubai? If yes, please fill our online form to schedule a Free Consultation with our surgeon. Our clinic offers FUT hair transplants at reasonable rates. Moreover, our board-certified surgeons are always available for guiding the patients throughout the procedure. So, book your appointment now.