With the new technology and advancements in science emerging every day, new hair regrowth treatments have emerged to treat hair loss and baldness. One such treatment is stem cell hair regrowth therapy. In this procedure, stem cells are turned into hair follicle cells.
In stem cell hair transplant, hair follicle is extracted from the donor’s site and implanted on the recipient sites. The difference in stem cell hair transplant Dubai and normal FUE hair transplant in Dubai is that when hair follicle is extracted, few of the stem cells are left behind. The benefit of this strategy is that hair will re-grow at the donor’s site. It promotes regrowth in donor area by 60 percent.
What are stem cells?
Our body contains stem cells. Stem cells are tiny, microscopic cells. They have an ability to divide themselves. New cells form continuously. They are natural healing agent of our body. They repair our bodies. By using this characteristic of stem cells, researchers found out that by modifying adult skin cells, they are able to form stem cells. Stem cells are building blocks of healthy hair follicles. Injecting them in the scalp can help you heal the damaged hair follicles and promote hair growth.
Preparing for stem cell hair transplant Dubai
After you have decided along with your surgeon that you want to undergo stem cell transplant, here are some preparative measures you must follow before the surgery.
- Avoid taking any blood thinners including aspirin for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery.
- Quit smoking two weeks before the surgery
- Avoid consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Take care of all your prescriptions in advance.
- Get all the medical tests done ahead of time
Recovery process of stem cell transplant
Stem cell transplant’s recovery process is pretty smooth. Here is what to expect after transplant:
- Your scalp will remain sore for a couple of days after surgery.
- You will experience itchy scalp for a couple of days after surgery.
- Do not expect your hair to grow overnight.
- You will experience shock loss (transplanted hair will shed before it grows back)
- It will take at least four to six months for your hair to grow.
- It will take about a year for a transplant to show its true colors.
Results of transplant
Results of stem cell hair transplant Dubai & Abu Dhabi are permanent and natural looking. It is not only the solution to baldness but also, it does not decrease hair density in the donor’s area like other hair transplant techniques. Apart from natural looking, permanent hair in the bald regions, It will promote regrowth in the donor section by 50 to 60 percent.