Hair loss is a common problem among both men and women. The intensity of hair loss differs among both genders. In women, hair loss leads to excessive hair thinning and, in some cases, bald patches. However, in men, excessive hair loss can cause baldness. There can be many reasons for pattern baldness, but the most common reason is hormonal imbalance. According to surveys, about half the men worldwide are affected by male pattern baldness by the time they turn 50. Fortunately, we have effective treatments like male hair transplant in Dubai to counter this problem.
This page explains how hair transplant helps restore hair growth in men. Continue reading to learn everything about male hair transplant, including its benefits, side effects, cost, procedure, and more.
About Male Hair Transplant for Baldness
Although hair loss is a common problem among men, it can become severe and cause baldness or bald spots. If hair loss is in the beginning stages, it can be treated with home remedies. However, if hair loss becomes extensive, it can lead to baldness, and the only solution for it is a hair transplant.
A male hair transplant is specifically designed for men to help regrow hair naturally and give permanent results. The procedure is surgical and involves downtime. Moreover, some minor side-effects may occur, but they are usually temporary. Once the recovery period is over, patients will start seeing the results of the transplant.
Hair transplant for men is also performed using two techniques, including:
An expert hair transplant surgeon determines the technique used for the transplant. He/she decides a method during the initial consultation session by keeping different essential aspects in mind.
Who is a candidate?
If you are suffering from excessive hair loss, bald patches, or pattern baldness, you can benefit from a male hair transplant. However, since it is a surgical procedure, a qualified surgeon will determine the patient’s candidacy. You are the ideal candidate if you:
- have good general and physical health
- suffer from excessive hair loss/bald patches/pattern baldness
- your hair loss is not progressive
- need a safe and effective hair loss solution
- have enough healthy hair follicles
- have a tight scalp that cannot take FUT
- need natural-looking results
Benefits of Male Hair Transplant
Male hair transplant in Dubai is gaining popularity day by day due to its numerous benefits. Some general benefits of this treatment are given below:
- The procedure is safe and approved by the FDA.
- It is a surgical procedure that yields permanent results.
- There is minimal downtime after the treatment.
- It doesn’t cause any severe and permanent side-effects.
- If the FUE technique is used, the chances of scarring are significantly reduced.
- Since hair follicles are taken from the patient’s scalp, graft rejection is rare.
- Patients with not enough healthy hair follicles on their scalp can use hair follicles from other body parts.
- The results of a male hair transplant are more natural-looking than other treatments.
Side Effects of Male Hair Transplant
Even though hair transplantation for males is a surgical procedure, it doesn’t have any severe side-effects. The procedure is only minimally invasive that may lead to some temporary and surgical side-effects. Moreover, by following the doctor’s guidelines and aftercare instructions, these side-effects can be easily treated.
Some temporary side-effects of male hair transplant are mentioned below:
- Mild Pain
- Temporary Scarring
Usually, these side-effects subside within a few days on their own. However, if any of the side-effects persist, you must consult with your doctor immediately.
Male Hair Transplant Procedure
The male hair transplant in Dubai follows the below-mentioned steps:
- The surgeon or an assistant will shave and cleanse the donor area.
- After shaving and cleansing, he/she will mark the scalp and apply local anesthesia. Due to anesthesia, the process will become more comfortable, and the patients will not feel severe pain.
- Once the anesthesia is administered, the surgeon will begin harvesting hair grafts. Each hair graft will be extracted individually if the transplant is carried out using the FUE technique. On the other hand, in FUT, the surgeon removes a long and linear skin strip from the scalp’s backside.
- The extracted hair grafts are prepared for transplant.
- The surgeon will cleanse, mark, and numb the recipient area with local anesthesia.
- Once the recipient site is numbed, the surgeon will begin transplanting the hair grafts into the recipient site.
The entire procedure is carried out with utmost care and precision. Therefore, it can take several hours to complete. Typically, one session of a male hair transplant can take up to 4-8 hours.
Since it is a surgical procedure, patients need to prepare for it. Some general pre-op instructions are as follows:
- Quit smoking and drinking for at least 4 weeks before transplant.
- Stop taking any medications like blood-thinners and aspirin before the procedure.
- Don’t spend too much time in the sun.
- Only use doctor-prescribed medications.
- Discuss any medical conditions or allergies with your surgeon beforehand.
A male hair transplant is a minimally invasive procedure. Therefore, with proper aftercare, the recovery period can be made smooth and discomfort-free.
General aftercare instructions are as follows:
- Do not skip your prescribed medications.
- Avoid touching, scratching, or rubbing the treated area unnecessarily.
- Keep the treated area out of direct sun exposure.
- Avoid smoking and drinking for at least 4 weeks after treatment, as well.
- Sleep in an elevated position for at least a week or unless swelling subsides.
Cost of Male Hair Transplant
Determining the exact cost of a hair transplant is not possible because it depends on several factors. Only a surgeon can determine the precise price for each patient since it varies from patient to patient.
The cost determining elements are as follows:
- The technique used
- Number of hair grafts required
- The surgeon’s expertise and reputation
- The geographic location of the clinic
- Service quality of the clinic
Consult an Expert
If you have been suffering from excessive hair loss and want to undergo a male hair transplant in Dubai, consult an expert TODAY! Give us a call or fill the online form to schedule an appointment with our expert hair transplant surgeons.