Stress affects our body including our sleeping routine and our hair. If you are going through any stressful period, then you may have already have noticed that you aren’t able to sleep properly at night.
How Can Stress Be Associated With Hair Loss?
Emotional stress due to any stressful situation can progress into the physiological stress which then triggers hair loss or poor hair regrowth. So the best cure is to relieve yourself from it and get hair loss treatment in Dubai from the hair transplant center after the consultation with the trichologist.
03 Types of Stress-Related Hair loss:
- Telogen effluvium
- Alopecia areata
- Telogen effluvium:
In the Telogen effluvium, stress can affect hair by sending hair follicles into the resting phase. Due to which, hair doesn’t follow the regrowth phase properly.
Hair may regrow afterward but the shedding can persist for up to 6 months. But if shedding lasts more than six months, or you persistently cycle in and out of periods of increased stress, then it is called a chronic telogen effluvium.
- Alopecia areata:
In the Alopecia areata, the immune system gets affected and causes hair to fall out. In this type of stress-related hair loss, the immune system attacks our own healthy cells and causes hair to fall out by destroying the hair re-growth cells.
In the Trichotillomania, a person compulsively pulls out his hair from the hair-bearing areas like from the head, beard, eyebrows or eyelashes. A person has an irresistible urge to pull out his hair due to stress, anxiety, loneliness, boredom or due to depression.
If you are undergoing any stressful event then you have to reduce it. Because stress can lead to above-mentioned types of stress-related hair loss.
So try to follow these precautionary steps:
Tips to Reduce Your Stress Level:
- Make a habit of massaging your scalp with oil for few minutes every day.
- Exercise daily for almost 20 minutes.
- Increase the intake of healthy foods containing nutrients like proteins, iron, vitamins etc.
- Avoid eating processed foods
- Try to eat bread, pasta, and rice.
- Watch comic videos and movies
- Listen to your favorite relaxing songs
- Take a bath with Luke warm water.
- Learn to meditate, or practice yoga for few minutes for the relaxation of mind.
- Play outdoor games
If you want to control your stress-related hair loss then either you can try some tips or can use some home remedies.
Tips for Dealing with Stress-related Hair Loss:
- Consult your hairdresser, for the new haircut that helps to give volume to your existing hair.
- Try to give volume to your hair by using fill-in powder etc.
- Use a clip in hair topper or extensions, which blends with your existing hair and gives an appearance of the denser head.
- Try to wear scarf
- Try different hairstyles
Home Remedies to cure Stress-related Hair Loss:
- Don’t apply lavender oil directly to your scalp.
- You must mix it with oil like with coconut or olive oil.
- It helps to slow down the rate of hair fall.
- It helps to detoxify your scalp and body.
- It’s found in citrus fruits like oranges and lemons.
- It also helps to grow healthy hair.
- Apply the juice of onion to your scalp.
- Wait for twenty minutes
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- It helps to treat any infections of the scalp.
- Silicon is found in peppers, cucumbers, and potatoes
- Helps to control hair fall.
- Silicon is known for hair strengthening properties.
- Mix coconut oil with 1 gram of flour
- Apply it to the scalp.
- Use this treatment once a week
Seek a Trichologist Advice:
If you are still experiencing the stress-related hair loss and nothing has worked on you. Then the best way to cure your hair loss is to seek the advice of the trichologist.
Visiting a Trichologist at the Hair Transplant Clinic:
Visit a trichologist at the Hair Replacement Dubai center. He will first examine your scalp very carefully. Then the trichologist will tell that which type of the stress-related hair loss you are suffering from. In the end, he may recommend you to get a hair loss treatment in Dubai from the hair transplant center.