Hair Transplant Surgery is without any doubt the most sought baldness solution around the world, reason being its natural-looking, permanent results. But there are still a significant number of hair loss patients who are afraid of opting for the procedure, courtesy the word surgery at the end. Yes, even in this era of advanced technology, people are still afraid of surgical procedures. If you also don’t want to go under the knife to restore a thicker head of hair, don’t worry, we have some really hair transplant surgery alternatives as well for you. Continue reading to know your options and find out which one is best for you.
It is always a wise decision to start with natural remedy, as they are not only effective but also don’t carry risk of reaction or side effects. There are dozens of time-tested natural remedies for hair loss. Two simple but most effective remedies include:
- Onion Juice: The simplest and the cheapest home remedy for hair regrowth is onion juice application. Take one medium sized onion and grate it on a cheese grater. Squeeze the onion flakes to extract the juice. Apply this juice onto your scalp, paying special attention to areas of problem. Wait for half an hour and then rinse off with a mild shampoo and cold water.
- Coconut Oil Massage: Massaging is the best way to strengthen hair follicles and, stop hair loss and enhance hair growth. Most of the time hair loss is caused by poor scalp circulation. Massaging helps improve blood circulation in the scalp, ensuring efficient supply of oxygen and essential nutrients to the hair follicles. This strengthens the follicles and improves hair growth. Use coconut oil to massage your scalp on alternate days. For best results, leave the oil on overnight and shampoo your hair as usual in the morning.
Laser therapy is also a cutting-edge, latest innovation in non-surgical hair growth. Lasers also work by improving blood circulation in the scalp. Two laser technologies are currently available for hair regrowth:
- Low Level Laser Therapy: It is a virtually non-invasive, painless procedure used for treating mild to moderate male and female pattern baldness symptoms. It is an in-clinic procedure in which low grade laser beams are made incident on the scalp in an attempt to revitalize as well as boost the health condition of hair. It is a multi-session process with suggested usage being three half an hour sessions per week.
- Laser Light Comb: If you don’t have time to visit clinic so frequently, you can always opt for laser light comb, a device that you can use in the comfort of your home. It is a brand-new innovation in non-surgical hair restoration. An average patient is recommended three 8-15 minute sessions every week.
Both natural remedies and laser therapy need time and patience to deliver. And there is a probability that both of them prove ineffective even after a wait of several months. To avoid this inconvenience, you can seek your doctor’s help in finding some effective hair loss medicine. Two FDA approved medicines include:
- Minoxidil: It is a topical application that can be easily bought over the counter. It comes in 2% solution for women and 3 and 5 percent strengths for men. It is a hair growth stimulant that should be applied twice a day on the scalp. It generally takes 3 to 4 months to deliver any noticeable results.
- Finasteride: It is an FDA-approved prescription medicine that comes in the form of oral pill. This oral medicine is prescribed for male pattern baldness only, and it is not for women. It is relatively more effective as compared to Minoxidil with a success rate of up to 50%, but it also carries a risk of more serious side effects. Therefore it is always recommended to consult your doctor before starting any medicinal treatment for hair loss.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
To know more about hair transplant surgery alternatives, contact us now by filling the consultation form below. Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION with our hair transplant experts and know your options.