Due to its ability to enhance scalp circulation, oil massage holds many potential benefits for hair growth. Massaging is the act of gently rubbing your skin and applying slight pressure to it by kneading it with the tips of fingers and knuckles. Of numerous benefits oil massage can provide, perhaps the most notable one is the increased blood flow to the surface of skin. As blood rushes to the scalp, it supplies oxygen and other essential nutrients to the hair follicles, which ultimately strengthens them, triggering robust hair growth.
Here are top 6 benefits of oil massage for hair growth:
- It Conditions Your Scalp – Natural oils used for massaging the scalp are conditioning and moisturizing. They lubricate your scalp and help you get rid of dry, flaky scalp without using any harsh chemicals. It also replenishes and rejuvenates dry, damaged hairs. Regular oiling also helps avoid brittle hair and split-ends problem.
- Enhanced Blood Circulation – As stated above, massaging helps enhance blood circulation in the head and neck area. While enhanced circulation in the scalp strengthens hair follicles, improved blood flow in the neck helps relieve stress, one of the most common causes of hair loss (Telogen Effluvium).
- Strengthens Hair Roots – Efficient supply of blood, essential nutrients and oxygen helps strengthen the roots of hair and nourishes the hair shafts as well. This ultimately helps speed up hair growth and keeps your locks luscious, thick and healthy.
- Prevents Fungal And Bacterial Infections – Clogged scalp pores can result in numerous minor and major problems, especially when they get contaminated with foreign objects – fungi and bacteria. Fungal infections are among the most common causes of hair loss. Regular oil massaging helps avoid clogged pores issue.
- Relaxes Mind And Body – Massaging your scalp with lukewarm oil not only soothes out your scalp but also relaxes nerves in the brain, which ultimately helps relax your mind and body. Start oiling your hair regularly today and keep them towel wrapped for half an hour at least twice a week to allow better absorption of oil by the scalp. You will notice rapid increase in your hair growth and a notable improvement in your hair health.
- Prevents Pre-Mature Graying – One benefit of oil massage that is often overlooked is that it helps avoid premature graying of hair. When you massage your scalp regularly, it helps in production of melanin – a naturally occurring pigment that adds color to your skin and hair. This ultimately helps your hair retain their color and gives you thick, black, shining hair.
Choosing the Right Oil for Massage:
Like any other hair care product, you need to be careful when selecting oil for scalp massage. Keep your skin and hair type as well as your problem in mind while you select the oil.
- Oil for Thin Hair:
If your hair is thin, dry and frizzy, prone to breakage and split ends, use almond oil and sesame oil as base oil. These are two highly nourishing oils for scalp and help reduce tightness in the scalp.
- Oil for Fine Hair:
If you have fine hair that you feel are prone to premature hair loss or graying, coconut oil is the ideal choice. It will not only nourish your hair shafts but also strengthen hair follicles, promoting healthy hair growth.
For expert advice and hair treatment in Dubai, schedule a FREE CONSULTATION.