Hair transplant techniques that exclusively extract follicular units do not produce any visible scar in the donor area. FUE transplantation causes multiple tiny, pinhole scars in the donor area, one for each extracted graft. Generally these scars are undetectable and do not affect the cosmetic appearance of the patient. However, in case of strip removal method, a thin linear scar is caused due to excision of linear hair bearing skin. Scarring in case of Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) is usually excessive and may present a cosmetic problem. If you are also bothered by visible linear scar in the donor area, just relax. Here we will share with you tips and steps to repair hair transplant scar.
Tips To Minimize Strip Hair Transplant Scar:
The patient and surgeon both play a key role in minimizing the scar resulting from strip hair transplant.
- Surgeon’s Role: The surgeon should excise and stitch the skin carefully, making sure the wound edges are perfectly approximated and are under little or no tension. The material used for closing wounds also plays a key role in determining extent of scarring. Inert material, such as stainless steel staples, should be used for stitching the skin together. Such material helps minimize the damage of hair follicles in the donor area, reducing the severity of scarring.
- Patient’s Role: As far as the role of patient is concerned, he should take proper care of the wound and follow post-op instructions of the surgeon carefully. Not following the post-op instructions will result in poor wound healing, and in some cases may cause infection as will. This will not only prolong the recovery period but may also worsen the scar. So, take proper care of the wound and if you notice anything unusual report it immediately to the doctor.
Techniques To Repair Strip Hair Transplant Scar:
When significant scarring does occur, there are several techniques available to repair it and enhance its appearance. The two most effective methods used for repairing strip hair transplant scar are scar revision and camouflage.
- Scar revision: It is a surgical procedure in which scar tissues are excised and the direction of the scar is changed to make it less notable. This time the wound is closed meticulously making sure its edges are perfectly approximated.
- Camouflage: It is a minimally invasive technique in which hair are transplanted directly into the scar using Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique. Hair growth in the scar camouflages it, making it less visible.
- Corticosteroid Injections: Thickened and raised scars are first flattened with corticosteroid injections and then scar repair surgeries are performed. Either scar revision or camouflage technique is then used to further enhance its appearance. Depressed scars, on the other hand, are raised with dermal fillers.
Schedule a FREE CONSULTATION:
If you are interested in a procedure to repair strip hair transplant scar, contact Hair Transplant Dubai Clinic now and let our experts help you enhance the appearance of the scar. Our surgeons have a vast experience of performing scar repair surgeries. For further details, book a FREE CONSULTATION now by filling the form below.