Are you suddenly noticing clusters of hair on your pillow or blocking the shower drain due to excessive hair fall? It can be terrifying and scary. Hair loss isn’t just from aging, there are some bad habits that could cause hair loss and hair thinning.
Alopecia areata means hair loss.Hair thinning and baldness affects us emotionally, psychologically and physically.
- hair loss in patches usually in circular patterns
- In male-pattern baldness ► hair loss is at the temples and the crown
- Female-pattern hair loss ►hair loss is at the frontal and parietal.
- Hair left in the hairbrush after brushing or in the shower drain after shampooing/ washing hair.
Habits That Are Causing You Hair Loss:
- Taking Steamy Showers
Washing your hair with hot water can also cause hair loss. Wash your hair with cold water or with lukewarm water.
- Using Hot Styling Tools
Excess use of hair styling tools like straighter, curlers and blow dryer can affect the look of hair.
- Crash Dieting
Not taking required, necessary vitamins and iron, can cause hair thinning and hair loss.
- Mishandling Wet Hair
Brushing your wet hair, rubbing your wet hair with a towel and sleeping just after washing your hair can cause hair loss.
- Wearing Tight Hairstyles
Tight ponytail, braid, and any other tight hairstyle can also damage your hair follicles and cause hair loss.
- Using Long-lasting Hold Products
Use of permanent dyes and bleaching can ruin hair.
- Taking Oral Birth Control Pills
It could also be the cause of your hair loss.
- Scratching Your Head
Avoid scratching your head unnecessarily.
- Direct Exposure to the Sun
Avoid direct exposure to sunlight because UV rays of the sun are really harmful to our hair, it causes premature aging.
- Not Washing Hair Often
If you are used to washing your hair after a week, then it’s also the reason of your hair loss. You should wash your hair twice a week. The untidy scalp is the main reason of hair thinning.
If you are taking prescribed medicines due to any of your health issues then it can also be the cause of your hair loss.
- Lack of Oiling
Oil keeps our hair shiny, beautiful and healthy. Lack of oiling can lead to hair loss.
- Skipping meals
Not eating enough or skipping meals can weaken your hair.
- Stress/ tensions
Worries, depression, anxiety and stress can also affect your body including your hair.
- Smoking/ Use of Drugs
Smoking and use of drugs not only damage your hair but also ruin certain organs of your body like lungs, stomach, and liver etc.
Tips to Stop Hair Fall:
- You can use home remedies to stop hair loss or thinning of hair.
- But if you have excessive hair loss then consult a professional, experienced and authentic trichologist.
- You can get satisfactory and prominent results from an appropriate hair loss treatment in Abu Dhabi.